We have several permanent Teaching Assistant posts to start in January.
Castlebar is an ‘Outstanding’ Special School for primary aged children and the lead school for Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance. There are lots of opportunities for continual professional development and for career progression. We are very proud of our achievements, but more than anything we are very proud of the children we are privileged to work with.
The children at Castlebar have a range of complex learning difficulties including Autism, Global Delay and Challenging Behaviours. The successful candidate will be expected to work with the whole class as well as with small groups of children and with individuals. It is a demanding yet rewarding role and you will be working with a fantastic team of staff.
To be considered you will:
- Have at least 3 years experience of working with children who have special needs.
- Have achieved an NVQ qualification (level 2 or 3 minimum) or its equivalent level
- Be able to work as a team, yet use your own initiative
- Be prepared to work with children who may have challenging behaviours.
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Developed skills and/or have training in intensive behaviour management e.g. ABA/VBA approaches
- Developed skills and/or have training in structured teaching approaches e.g. TEACCH/SCERTs
- Developed skills and/or have training in motivational behaviour approaches
If you would like further information and the application pack, please visit our website at http://www.castlebar.ealing.sch.uk/ealing/primary/castlebar/site/pages/vacancies.
Please note CV’s will not be considered .
The deadline for applications is 2nd December 2016.
Interviews will be held on 4th and 6th January 2017.
Castlebar is committed to Safeguarding Children - all candidates will require an Enhanced DBS Clearance. Candidates who have lived or worked overseas in the last 5 years may be required to provide a Good Conduct Certificate.