School Admin Officer
Vision for Education are pleased to be recruiting for a School Admin Officer to work in an SEND school in Knowsley. The position is due to begin September 2019.
The school's governing body wish to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working school admin officer.
- To be responsible for the effective and efficient administration of financial and other office procedures.
- Monitor and control the implementation of funds to ensure that the budget is administered according to the agreed School Development Plan.
- Monitor and review school budget headings and advise the Senior Administrator, Head Teacher and Governing body on the strategic budgetary position to enable over and under spending areas to be identified and corrective action to be taken.
- Develop, implement, coordinate, review and manage the school’s office, administrative and financial systems to maximise the effective coordination of all school support activities.
- Oversee the maintenance of pupil records, including registration, admission and transfer procedures and associated statistical analysis for Headteacher, LEA and DFEE returns to meet management and statutory requirements.
- Oversee the maintenance of pupil records, including registration, admission and transfer procedures and associated statistical analysis for Headteacher, LEA and DFE returns to meet management and statutory requirements.
- Input and maintain all financial information (including raising orders and processing Good Receipt Notes to ensure accurate information is available and financial regulations are followed.
- Liaise with contractors/suppliers concerning the ordering of goods and supply of services to the school and monitor the service provided to ensure the optimum use of resources.
- To provide a full pastoral administration service i.e. upkeep of SEN files, appointments, pupil admissions, scheduling review meetings, arranging transport etc.
- To provide ad-hoc medication to pupils if trained to do so
- To support the Senior Administrator and Site Manager in ensuring that all areas of Health and Safety and Cyclical Maintenance are adhered to.
- The job holder may be required at any time to undertake any work up to and/or at a level consistent with the pay grade. The post holder may be required to work in any location across the Trust including schools which may wish to join the Trust.
- Excellent Numeracy and Literacy skills
- GCSE Maths and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Effective customer service skills with the ability to deal with members of the public, parents and visitors
- Experience of liaising with external agencies, business and contractors
- Ability to relate well to children and adults and demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills
- ICT skills
- To be able to work under pressure in a very busy and diverse environment
- Excellent personal and written communication skills.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Proven organisational skills. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to respond flexibly and adapt to changing and challenging circumstances.
- Operate calmly and effectively
- Show initiative and self motivation
- Show commitment to a clear and shared vision for an effective organisation.
- Recommend and show a positive attitude to change.
- Prioritise, plan and organise.
- Ability to manage a variety of competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information received and processed as part of the job role
- Continue to develop own professional development.
- Committed to equality of opportunity
- Adhere to security requirements re. Child Protection and Data Protection regulations.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems (MIS) such as Arbor, SIMS etc
- Experience of previous reception duties
- Previous experience in school environment
- Banking and cash management
- School trip organisation and payment control & banking
- Experience of School’s Financial System such as Oracle and HCSS
- Microsoft Office Software
- Demonstrate knowledge of school environment.
- Skills to use and manage ICT systems and resources effectively.
- An ability to positively promote the school to pupils, parents, colleagues and other community groups.
The school, and Vision for Education, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
In order to apply for this position, you will need to submit your CV immediately for consideration via the Apply button.
Now, A little about us!
Vision for Education is a leading education recruitment agency, who provide temporary and permanent teaching and support staff for primary, secondary and SEND schools across the country.
As part of TES, the Times Educational Supplement, one of the largest educational organisations in the world, we strive to provide the best possible recruitment solutions to our client schools, and deliver the best possible service to our candidate teachers, teaching assistants and support staff.
Vision for Education can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Dedicated and experienced consultants
- PAYE Payroll
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- We offer an uncapped £50 refer a friend bonus scheme
- We offer local and easily accessible schools to you
- Free CPD courses to enhance your professional development
- We are a friendly, open and honest agency, who strongly believe in all our candidates
We have a refreshingly friendly approach to recruitment, and aim to support you in all aspects of the process every step of the way!
For more information on this or any of the roles we have available, then please call 0151 363 2266 and ask for Daniel.
Alternatively, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can apply online.