Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent / Term time only plus 5 days
Based at Malet Lambert, James Reckitt Avenue, Hull, HU8 0JD
Salary: Scp 3, Actual Salary £15,875
What we require from you:
• Providing administrative support to the Admin Department utilising electronic systems appropriately, communicating with a variety of internal staff and parents/carers, ensuring the administrative needs of the Department are met.
• Responsible for producing and distributing the Parent/Carer Newsletter.
• Updating pupil records as directed by the Admin Manager.
• Scanning and saving documentation to pupil records.
• Maintaining electronic databases, including SIMS, to enable accurate data to be collected, recorded and reported on.
• Providing cover on school reception, taking and filtering calls and messages and monitoring the signing in of visitors attending the school site.
• Providing cover when required within the attendance team.
• Providing Parent Pay admin support including running financial reports.
• Coordinating the distribution and collation of School Trip Medical Consent.
• Organisation of incoming, outgoing post and pigeon holes.
• Supporting with the administration of work experience as directed by the Admin Manager.
• Taking accurate notes and minutes of meetings as and when required, ensuring they are completed within agreed timeframes.
• The post holder will operate within agreed policies, procedures, systems and guidelines, seeking advice and clarity as appropriate, ensuring the administrative service is consistently professional, reliable, confidential, aligned with Data Protection requirements and responsive to the needs of the school.
Your Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 5+ GCSE/CSE grade C or above or Equivalent administrative qualifications (e.g NVQ Business Admin.)
• A good working knowledge of computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent communicator (both verbally and written) at all levels
• Manages time effectively and has the ability to deal with an unpredictable workload ensuring key priorities and deadlines are met through effective time management.
• Demonstrates an organised approach to work
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Effective, strong team player
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• Experience of working in a school would be desirable
Malet Lambert School is one of the top performing schools in Hull, where our commitment to pastoral care underpins the high expectations that we have of both pupils and staff. With a long and proud history, dating back to 1932, Malet Lambert School was once a grammar school, becoming a comprehensive school in 1968. We put the needs of individual pupils at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on having high aspirations, ensuring our pupils meet their potential by creating a safe, yet vibrant, learning environment, which sees first class teaching and learning every single day.
The Education Alliance
We are part of The Education Alliance, a growing multi-academy trust, currently consisting of South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, Malet Lambert School, Driffield School and Sixth Form, The Snaith School, Hunsley Primary School, North Cave Church of England Primary School and Yorkshire Wolds Teacher Training. We are here to make great schools and happier, stronger communities so that people have better lives. We do this by always doing what is right, trusting each other and standing shoulder to shoulder and doing what we know makes the difference. Doing what is right means always acting with integrity, in the interests of others and being honest, open and transparent.
What We Can Offer You:
Free on-site parking
On site catering facilities
Employee assistant program
Cycle to work scheme
Applications are to be received no later than 12 noon on Friday 21 January 2022.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
The Education Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
Thank you for your interest in our school.
Malet Lambert has a long and proud history, dating back to 1932. Once a grammar school, it became a community comprehensive school in 1968 and it continues to be true to the word ‘comprehensive’ some 5...