School Administration Assistant
Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working in an administrative role in a school.
Are you looking for a flexible administration role to provide additional administrative support for our schools? We have day-to-day, short-term and long-term positions across Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
The roles will involve dealing with student, staff and visitor queries both face-to-face and over the telephone alongside administrative duties including writing reports, updating databases and filing systems. You will need an efficient and helpful demeanour and an ability to think on your feet as well as excellent communication skills.
Experience in a similar role and a knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System) is essential as is a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Due to the nature of the work, and the potential to have access to sensitive information, you will need to hold an enhanced DBS on the online update service before being considered for these positions. We can help with the DBS application if you do not have one.
To be considered for the School Administration Assistant position, you will:
• Have previous experience working in an administrative role in a school
• Have knowledge of SIMS (School Information Management System)
• Have a high level of literacy and numeracy
• Have excellent organisational and communication skills
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a School Administration Assistant and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on 01484 642892.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield