School Administration Support:
The Escola Internacional del Camp (EIC) is an international school which opened in 2012 and is celebrating its 7th year.
The school, located in Salou south of Barcelona, has a new building complex with potential to welcome up to 800 students (620 this year), is inclusive and offers a complete education to students aged 1 to 18+. This is the first school to run with the Socrates Educa model, an innovative pedagogical system which will be implemented in other new schools in the future.
It is a popular and happy English / Spanish / Catalan trilingual school, offering Pre-school, Primary, Secondary, National and International Baccalaureate (IB), with an international emphasis and also Chinese as a foreign language. Parents are continuously involved in the life of the school. Our curriculum is based on the local curriculum but is influenced by teachers from around the world and taught mainly in English. Former students are already studying in universities in the UK, Spain, the Netherlands, France, Canada, Germany and Switzerland.
We run a wide range of extra-curricular activities, community links and projects as well as educational/cultural events and visits.
· Manage students’ academic and administrative documents.
· Manage official documents (academic certificates, electronic and paper filing, databases, …).
· Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and the signing in of visitors.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors, parents and pupils – both in person and on the telephone. It is expected that everyone will be dealt with in a courteous, professional, calm and friendly way in English, Spanish or Catalan.
-Ensue that messages are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
-Deal with lost property and ensure it is returned to students if possible.
· Support the purchasing department
· Support external and internal communication (writing, translating and sending letters and emails.
· Assist with pupil first aid and welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff as required
· Report inappropriate pupil behaviour and convey serious incidents to PA/Coordinators/Headteacher as appropriate.
· Support the administration department.
· Support the finance department.
· Support organising school events.
· Support management of school services (school buses, dining hall, extra curricular activities)
· Degree in Administration / Finance / Equivalent
· English, Catalan and Spanish (other languages valuable).
· Excellent writing and IT skills, (databases, internet…)
· Available to start immediately
· Previous experience of working in a school environment is desirable.
We are offering:
· Full time
· Temporary local contract with the possibility of extending
· International environment
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Professional development and training opportunities
Possess a very high level of organisational and planning skills with attention to detail and accuracy.