Thomson House School is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person with a courteous, friendly, and approachable manner to join our administration and operations team.
We are seeking a School Administrator to assist with the day to day running of the School Office. Working as a key member of the team, you will be front of house in one of our two school offices. This is a crucial role that will require you to enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment, supporting pupils, parents and staff.
The role is term time only (37 weeks per year).
The School Office is open from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone to either work full time from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, or we would consider part time, but the start and end times are set at 8.00am to 5.00pm. We are happy to discuss this with potential candidates, but we need to ensure the office is covered during the stated hours.
You will be responsible for:
- The weekly bulletin and communications with parents
- Administering the extra-curricular clubs programme
- Providing administrative support to the School Business Manager and Senior Leadership team which includes reporting in excel.
- Carry out administrative duties on ParentPay, ScholarPack (MIS), Microsoft 365 including excel and word. Training will be provided on school systems.
- Keeping accurate records of medical and dietary requirements of pupils
- Welcoming parents and visitors to the school
- Responding to queries, emails and phone calls
- Daily routines - checking registers, monitoring absence, confirming dinner numbers, dealing with minor first aid and medicines, registering visitors, taking and checking deliveries
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role in a school would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience of working in an office, receptionist role, human resources or finance
- Be professional, organised and flexible
- Be numerate with excellent literacy skills and attention to detail
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have strong time management skills and ability to prioritise a wide ranging workload
- Possess a calm, courteous, professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with parents and staff
- Be first aid trained or willing to undertake Paediatric 1st Aid training
- Work well as part of a team with a good sense of humour
To apply, please complete our application form and include a supporting letter of not more than one side outlining your motivation and relevant experience. Please email your letter and completed application form to: email@example.com
Visits to the school are not possible at this time, but if you would like to discuss the role/ hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April at 12.00, midday. Interviews will take place on Friday 16th April
We reserve the right to interview as suitable applicants apply
THS is committed to safe recruitment practices and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Thomson House School
Richmond upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years