Term-Time + 10 days outside term
We are looking for a new Office Administrator to help start up and grow a new independent special educational needs school for up to 46 pupils aged 5-11 with a wide range of behavioural, social and emotional needs including ASC.
About the School
The Medway Green School site is currently going through significant refurbishment and is based in Wouldham, Kent. The school comprises of two buildings – an 1870 traditional red brick Victorian school house and a modern classroom block. The site also extends onto 4 acres of surrounding land including adjacent playing fields. This is a great opportunity for Acorn Care and Education in the South East to expand and fulfil demand in the region, where our other school Heath Farm has been at capacity since May 2018.
About the Group
This is your chance to join a high achieving team at Acorn Care and Education, part of the National Fostering Agency Group, we provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
As Office Administrator you will be joining a brand new team and will work closely the Headteacher setting up processes within the school. All the children who attend the school will have social, emotional and mental health needs. Many also have additional learning or communication difficulties too.
The successful candidate would be due to start as soon as possible and be able to support with the opening in late 2019. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the school at the very start and see the team and pupils grow and develop.
You will be enthusiastic, able to work effectively as part of a team and dedicated to making a difference to improving the lives of the young people that we support.
- Supporting the team with minute taking, arranging appointments, diary management, hosting meetings and letter writing
- To assist with telephone enquiries, taking messages and answering enquiries related to the school and direct where appropriate
- Reviewing the EHCP plans
- Support the registration of the new students, creating student files, and maintaining the Pupil Admissions Register.
- To welcome visitors/parents to the school in a polite and efficient manner.
- Basic finance duties such as raising invoices.
- Collating and inputting data for school reports and logging confidentially information securely.
- Ordering, monitoring and organising office supplies and liaising with appropriate services to organise maintenance of the office and equipment
- Staff Recruitment - placing adverts for vacancies, collating and forwarding Application Forms, preparing interview schedules, contacting prospective candidates with information, issuing contracts and offer letters in accordance with the school recruitment policies and procedures by liaising with HR.
- Any other administrative duties required by the team as the role develops.
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.