Term time plus 3 weeks
Seaford College is a long-established independent co-educational school set in 455 acres of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty within the South Downs National Park with more than 750 pupils and approximately 180 staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Office Administrator to assist the Admissions Secretary in the day-to-day running of the school’s Admissions Department.
Alongside excellent administrative and IT skills, the ideal Office Administrator will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly yet professional demeanour when dealing with prospective parents, stakeholders, students, staff and members of the public. Smart appearance is essential as a key function of the role has a front-of-house element.
This is a full-time position working term-time only (plus three additional weeks), making it a 37 week-per-year position.
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Your duties as a School Admissions Administrator will include:
- Handling phone calls and emails.
- Booking and assisting with the Headmaster’s prospective parent appointments.
- General office administration for the Admissions department.
- Assisting with showing prospective parents and students around the College.
We are a long-established independent co-educational school set in 455 acres of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty within the South Downs National Park with more than 750 pupils and approximately 180 staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Some demonstrable office administration experience. SIMS Database experience is preferred, but not essential (Training will be given).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills. Smart, presentable appearance with a polite, calm, professional manner. Confident and at ease when meeting new people.
- Good timekeeping is essential as is the understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- A flexible, helpful, positive approach to work. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise workload and work equally well under your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Full driving licence is essential.
Salary and reward package:
- Annual leave entitlement is 25 working days per annum pro rata, plus Bank Holidays.
- Access to pension scheme after 3 months.
- Free meals on duty.
- Free parking.
- Subsidised membership of 9-hole golf course.
- Work in beautiful surroundings.
Further details and application forms are available from the Headmaster’s PA: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01798 867870.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check.
The Johnson Trust Ltd. Registered Charity No. 277439