Salary Grade: WHF Hay Q 29 - 33
Salary Band: £32,910 - £36,922 per annum FTE
Location: Devizes School, Wiltshire
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 17 January 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 37 pw
About the Opportunity
- Do you have proven experience in secondary finance management, budget planning and forecasting?
- Do you have the ability to appropriately deploy Budgetary/Finance process, policy, practice, tools and techniques as required?
- Do you have a financial business qualification or relevant experience in school business finance e.g. AAT, CSBM, DSBM?
This is an exciting time to join our team!
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Financial Planning, Hub HR Business Partner, Principal, Executive Director and Director of Finance, we are looking to appoint an experienced education financial & budgetary lead in order to provide an effective and efficient Finance and Budgetary support service to the Principal of Devizes School with key responsibilities for:
- Assist HOFP with Budget Preparation and Forecasting
- Budget management and monitoring.
- Provide comprehensive financial administration services.
- Line management of the Finance Assistant
- Oversee and administer order processing and accounts payable.
- Accurate maintenance of financial records and information management systems
- Day to day support to the Central Finance Team.
Full detail on this role can be found on the attached, supporting job description.
Covid19: Although we are living in challenging times just now, we are fully committed to yours and our colleagues safety. We continue to follow Government guidelines as we work remotely and when interviewing be it in person (where permitted), or over Microsoft Teams video call.
- Financial business qualification or relevant experience in school business finance e.g. AAT, CSBM, DSBM
- Evidence of collaborative working across a complex organisation
- Ability to prioritise effectively and deliver on objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook and good working knowledge of Excel.
If this vacancy is ticking all the right boxes for you, apply now!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Devizes School is a co-educational secondary academy based in Devizes, Wiltshire, for students aged 11-18.
Values and vision
Devizes School’s aims are summarised by its motto: “Raising Aspirations, Bui...