Hours: 8am-4:30pm: 42 weeks per year (It is a requirement of the role to attend Governing Body Meetings in the evening)
St Mary and St Pancras C.E. School is an inclusive, voluntary-aided, one-form entry school with a Nursery in the heart of Somers Town, Camden. We serve a vibrant, diverse local community and have a close relationship with our local community and Churches. We have excellent transport links, being close to Kings Cross St Pancras and Euston Stations, as well as a staff carpark. Our wonderful children and dedicated staff enjoy a modern build with excellent facilities. We are very proud of the work we do and believe that together, everyone achieves more (TEAM). See our school website for more information.
We wish to appoint a highly motivated person with financial expertise, preferably within an educational setting, who has the ability to work within a dynamic school environment. The School Business Manager will provide strategic leadership in the areas of Finance, Buildings and Premises, Health and Safety, HR and Administration as well as line-manage the Site Services Officer and Admin. Staff. He / she will liaise regularly with Governors, the Local Authority and the London Diocesan Board for Schools and work alongside the Head Teacher on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of managing finance, and hold a relevant financial management/ business management certificate.
- Possess a secure understanding / experience of the NASBM standards.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The desire to join the Senior Leadership team of the school and work in conjunction with the
Head Teacher and Governing Body to secure high standards of achievement and progress for every child.
- Be able to provide professional leadership to and management of the Admin Team and Site-Services Officer.
- Manage a varied and interesting workload; the ability to think strategically, prioritise and meet deadlines whilst maintaining professionalism is key.
- Make a commitment to the inclusive, Christian ethos of the school.
In return, we offer:
- Amazing children who deserve the best and rise to every challenge.
- A dedicated, welcoming, highly motivated staff team committed to our school and every child in it.
- A strong commitment to professional development.
- Parents and Governors who value every aspect of the work of the school.
Potential applicants are warmly encouraged to visit. Please contact Elizabeth Daly in the school office to make an appointment to meet the Head Teacher and tour the school.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website. We encourage you to browse our website to further gain a sense of who and what we are about: http://www.stmp.camden.sch.uk/school-info/join-our-team/
Completed forms should be sent to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 29th March 2018, 9am.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure & Baring Check.
ST MARY & ST PANCRAS C. E. PRIMARY SCHOOL
81 Werrington Street, London NW1 1QP
Telephone: 020 7387 6117
Fax: 020 7383 4874
Headteacher Jules Belton, Deputy Headteacher: Lucy Heard
Assistant Headteacher: Lesley Carneiro