School Business Manager
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Salary: Grade 14, Scale points 39-41 £47,805 - £49,890
Position: Full-time, permanent
We are currently looking for a dynamic and motivated member of staff that has passion and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding business support within a school.
Shirley High School is a proud multicultural school with an established reputation of integrity and excellence. Our school is at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community, with over 1000 students benefiting from our fabulous site and leafy surroundings. Along with our clear values and ethos, this helps to create a positive learning environment for both students and staff. We also benefit from excellent transport links to London and the surrounding areas plus an onsite gym and ample free parking.
We have high expectations in all we do and believe that all our students can be the best in the world at whatever they decide to pursue through their hard work, determination, leadership and compassion. We strive for excellence through our broad curriculum and our wide range of extra-curricular opportunities whilst also ensuring that both students and staff are developed both in and out of the classroom.
We are looking for someone who:
- Responsible for the strategic and operational management of the school finances.
- Ability to interpret advice/statute and to devise policy/practice in light of these.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team effectively.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Demonstrable people management experience
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills including databases, and school financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills both face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure.
We offer excellent working conditions with key benefits that include:
• Cycle to Work scheme;
• Significant departmental investment;
• Staff Mentoring;
• Staff car park on-site;
• Fitness Suite;
• A strong focus on the professional development of all staff within our school;
• A staff wellbeing programme.
Should you genuinely believe you have the skills to perform this role to the highest possible standards and are truly passionate about joining us on our journey then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact us to arrange a tour of the school or speak with our new Principal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. More information can be downloaded from our website www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk
Full details/application form available from: www.shirley.croydon.sch.uk.
Completed application forms can be sent via email to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 6 February 2023
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
SHIRLEY HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS COLLEGE
Address: Shirley Church Road Croydon CR0 5EF
Tel: 020 8656 9755
Principal: Mr T Myton
Shirley High School is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales. Company No. 7837778. Registered Office: Shirley High School, Shirley Church Road, Shirley, Croydon, CR0 5EF
Shirley High School is a proud, multicultural school with an established reputation of integrity and excellence. Our school is at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community, with over 1000 students benefiting from our fabulous site and...