Start date 1st June 2020 or sooner
Allestree Woodlands School is a popular and successful 11-18 school, providing high quality education for 1350 students (210 in the sixth form). The school is situated on the northern edge of the city of Derby in a very pleasant setting overlooking the Kedleston Hall National Trust estate. We work as a great team together and are committed to the continuing professional development of all colleagues.
As a result of the retirement of the current post holder, we are seeking to appoint a school business manager to take post by 1st June 2021 or sooner. The successful candidate will join an improving school with high expectations of all and a compassionate leadership team who work collaboratively for the good of staff and students. Members of the senior leadership team, including the school business manager, have excellent working relationships with governors; we all share the same goal, to enable aspiration and achievement for all students.
The successful candidate will:
• Be committed to delivering excellent educational opportunities
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge and skills in financial and business management
• Be able to make informed decisions and present clear rationale to stakeholders
• Be a highly effective leader of teams, with excellent understanding of how to get the best from others.
• Embrace the school’s aims and CORE values demonstrating these in daily operation and interactions.
The successful applicant will join a committed, collaborative, forward thinking and successful team. The school offers a very personally and professionally supportive environment.
Allestree Woodlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate.
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Kate Challands firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the school will be closed for half term from 15th – 19th February.
The closing date for application is 9am Monday 1st March with interviews taking place during the week beginning 8th March 2021.
For more information and application documents please visit the vacancies page of the Allestree Woodlands School website: https://www.woodlands.derby.sch.uk/vacancies.
Allestree Woodlands School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years