The Business Manager's primary role is to take directions and support the Executive Headteacher and work as a solutions focused part of the Senior team in delivering an effective and efficient service to its students, their families, staff and other stakeholders by:-
- Maximising the resources available for the school across two sites and Post 16.
- Ensuring statutory compliance is delivered.
- Carrying out business development in support of the school’s mission and vision.
- Production of financial reports and projections to ensure visible financial viability is fully achieved in line with the business plan.
Statutory and Regulation Based Management.
- Legal compliance.
- Data Protection management and liaison with Data Protection Lead.
- Ongoing implementation of GDPR
- Management of Charity Commission & Companies House .
- Contractual Management, review and bench marking.
- Oversight of policy management and procedures.
- Preparation of cash flow forecast and documentation to inform governance and regulatory audits.
Supervision and Management:
- Operate, maintain and develop the premises and financial procedures and systems of the school in co-operation with the Executive Headteacher and Governors, ensuring that all legal and safety requirements with regard to people and property are met.
- Line manage and lead appraisals for premises staff and Administration team.
- Ensure Executive Head Teacher is fully supported around all HR matters.
See attached job description for more information on the following responsibilities that are also encompassed within this role:
- Income Generation
- Management Information Systems and ICT
- Facility and Property Management
- Health & Safety Coordinator.