We are looking to appoint a school Business Manager to take over the role from our current Business Manager commencing in January 2018 possibly sooner (with a hand over)
The successful applicant will facilitate the smooth running of all non-teaching aspects of the school.
The individual will need to be proactive and flexible in supporting the school’s objectives.
The Business Manager is an integral part of the school and acts as line manager for several departments within the school. The successful applicant will be solely responsible for managing the running various non-teaching departments:
· Finance Officer
· Reception/Admin Team
· ICT Technician
· Site Manager
· Catering Staff
· School Librarian/Resources Manager
Business Manager’s Responsibilities:
· Liaising closely with the Headteacher, Senior Leadership team and governing body and attending Governors’ meetings in evening sessions as required
· HR support and administration. Previous experience and/or qualifications in this area would be desirable (e.g. CIPD).
· Issuing employment contracts and carrying out routine pre-employment checks (e.g. DBS, Health)
· Maintain employee records and produce reports
· Maintaining the Single Central Record
· Liaise with external suppliers for services (e.g. solicitors, accountants, ICT suppliers)
· Assist with the workforce census
· Manage health & Safety within the school with the assistance of the Site Manager
· An understanding of accounts and payroll i.e SAGE 50 accounts etc
· Knowledge and use of SIMS.Net
· A knowledge of Health & safety legislation and Health & Safety qualification