We are currently seeking a hardworking, skilled, dependable and self-motivated Caretaker to join our small friendly school. We require someone who will contribute to the smooth running of the school by organising and undertaking the caretaking, maintenance, cleaning and security of the school site, equipment and grounds. The successful candidate will have caretaking or general maintenance skills, together with a knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures.
Your main duties will be:
• To keep the school and grounds safe, tidy, presentable, free of litter and debris on a daily basis
• Small repair works, maintenance and making safe the fabric of the building.
• Minor refurbishment and redecoration.
• Some cleaning duties, and janitorial duties.
• Porterage of stock, furniture, equipment and other items within the school building.
• Reporting of repairs or maintenance issues.
• To oversee work being carried out on the premises by external contractors