Crown House is an independent, co-educational, preparatory school based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire with an outstanding local reputation. We offer excellent educational provision to pupils from the age of 2 to 11, based upon traditional values and academic standards.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Caretaker/Handy person to join our team.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Ensuring heating is efficient and effectively operated and make adjustments as necessary (the school has a biomass boiler system supporting underfloor heating)
- Be responsible for maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the school’s current requirements
- Be able to drive the school’s minibus
- General maintenance e.g. replace light fittings, clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required
- Be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access across the playground particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing snow, gritting etc)
- To undertake tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture
- To undertake handy persons duties
- To carry out general grounds maintenance
- To understand and comply with the Schools equal opportunities policy
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Schools Health & Safety and Safeguarding policies
The ideal candidate will require experience in a similar role.
Hours of work: 7am – 10am, Monday to Friday - All year. During the school holiday periods these hours are flexible.
Closing Date: Friday 16th November 2018 at 1pm
Interview Date: W/B Monday 19th November 2018
Crown House Preparatory School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.