Hornsby House School are seeking an enthusiastic experienced facilities professional to join the Premises team.
The successful candidate working with the Premises Manger will be responsible for the supervision of the premises, to ensure that the school facilities are well maintained in accordance with the required practices, including health and safety specifications, supervise work across the school with both external and internal contractors and the security of the site.
• Your responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs
• Ensure the building and grounds are secure when not in use
• Open the building in the morning and lock it at the end of the day
• Ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are checked regularly to ensure they are operational
• Assisting with the preparation for school events,
• Managing the cleaners.
• Provide First Aid support and operate as a Fire Warden during the hours of duty. Hornsby House will provide the necessary training.
The postholder is also required to have a driving license. Some manual handling is involved, so the capacity to lift and carry items is required. You should also possess the ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team, providing an excellent service to staff and other site users.
Due to the nature of the role, flexibility regarding working hours and duties is required. The successful candidate will be required to work in excess of the normal working hours, which could include early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays, and to be on standby call-out for any emergencies that arise outside of normal working hours.
Hornsby House School is an equal opportunities employer which promotes a diverse and inclusive community. We welcome applications from all groups of people.
Hornsby House is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hornsby House School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years