Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced School Chef to work in an independent, all through school in Ealing, West London. The successful School Chef will have the opportunity to work in a large catering team comprising of other chefs and assistants. The School Chef will ideally hold a Food Hygiene qualification to Level 3 although a Level 2 will be considered for the right candidate. The School Chef will work full days, term time only and be integral in preparing lunches for students and staff alike. The School Chef will be employed on a term time only basis plus 10 days during the holidays at the start and end of every school term, to set up and clear down the kitchen and stock. There is the possibility of a permanent post for the right candidate with relevant previous experience working as a chef in a school kitchen.
About the Role
• School Chef
• Assisting current chef with the preparation and cooking of the main meal offer. Covering the Wok preparation and cooking every Friday
• 7.30am to 3.30pm term time only, plus 10 days
• Assist with event set up
• Cover Junior & Senior lunch service, 11.45 – 2pm
• Cover if Chef, bakery Chef or Wok Chef are absent. Some training can be given for bakery and wok chef cover
• Overtime will be available if the Chef is interested in covering occasional evening events.
• Permanent role
• Salary up to £21,369.00 (dependent on experience, training or qualifications.) The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 2 Food Hygiene Experience, prior experience working as a school chef
About the School
• Outstanding Independent School
• All through school
• Large catering team onsite
• Working alongside another chef
• Ealing, Zone 3
In order to be considered for this role, the School Chef will need to meet the following criteria:
• Food Hygiene Level 2 as a minimum
• Proven experience working as a School Chef
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent catering references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMH46690
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.