Due to the size of the School we often require cleaning staff and currently have vacancies in the School and in one of our Boarding Houses for various hours and days, some term time only and some all year round. Please state on your application what days and hours you are looking for.
The role of Cleaner covers a wide range of duties and skills, some of which are listed below. The applicant should be able to work unsupervised and plan work in terms of time and materials, in order to maximise efficiency. The successful applicant should ensure that good Health & Safety practices are followed at all times and should be discreet, with initiative and able to get on well with the other members of staff.
The Role & Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities will vary for each role whether they are in a Boarding House or in the main School but the following is a list of the core responsibilities:
- To clean and tidy their designated area to a high standard, observing good practice and maintaining high hygiene standards.
- To follow Health & Safety procedures and safe working practices, appropriate to the task in hand.
- To report any illness or skin problems to the line manager promptly.
- To report damage or breakages in their areas to the line manager promptly.
- To maintain a professional relationship with pupils at all times, observing good practice under the School’s Child Protection Policy.
- To be aware of the School’s policies and procedures.
- To cover for colleagues who may be absent.
- Preparing and maintaining areas over letting periods.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as directed by the line manager.
Working hours will vary from position to position, but staff can all expect to be asked to be available for occasional events and to “spring clean” at the end of each term.
Most Boarding House roles need Saturday cleaning cover when the school is in session on a Saturday.
To apply, please visit our School webiste to complete an online application form. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org