We are looking to appoint a part-time (0.4 FTE) School Counsellor to ensure that every child succeeds, and is happy and safe. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Headmaster and the DSL and be responsible for:
: the planning and delivery of direct therapeutic interventions with individual children, groups of children and families.
: advising staff on ways to get the best out of individuals
: supporting parents in helping their child
: meeting, as necessary, with external agencies including Senior Schools.
: supporting the transition to Senior School
We are looking for candidates who:
• care about children
- have a counselling or psychotherapy qualification
• have a minimum of two years post qualification experience
• have an understanding of the development, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
• have high quality people skills to deal with difficult situations
• have the ability to work sensitively with others to build effective relationships
• can work flexibly to support class teachers and the Senior Leadership Team
Application forms are available by contacting email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: 20th January 2020
Interviews: The following week
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.