Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high-quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
We set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join one of our EYFS & Primary Schools and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Regent International School (RIS), is a well-established Primary school following the National Curriculum for England. RIS has been consistently delivering proven results in the classroom since inception and has developed a reputation of being one of the leading schools in Dubai.
The School Counsellor works closely with the school management in planning and implementing a counselling system for Primary students.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Providing direct counselling intervention to students
• Conducting case consultations to school personnel and parents
• Training teachers and parents on counselling-related issues
• Identifying, devising and delivering specialised group guidance programmes for at-risk students who need additional help in the area of social and emotional development, as evidenced by social, emotional and behavioural concerns presented by these students
• Should hold a Master’s degree in psychology (preferably clinical or counselling psychology)
• Min 3-5 years’ experience with primary age children
• Relevant experience in educating, counselling and/or volunteer work involving children and youths would be an advantage
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
*This is a local contract, therefore, there will be no housing benefit provided for this position.