Al Jazeera Academy is seeking to appoint a Bilingual School Counsellor who has the ability to:
- Work both individually and as part of a team to make a difference to the lives of our students.
- Build positive working relationships with our students and, where appropriate their parents, based on cultural sensitivity and awareness. Our students are from predominantly Qatari families.
- Provide staff with advice and support, where appropriate, to support the emotional and pastoral needs of pupils in their care.
- The successful candidate will provide a professional and confidential counselling service to students, promoting their welfare, personal care and building their resilience to help them cope with difficulties they may face.
- Applicants must be qualified to work as a school counsellor and relevant experience in a school setting is highly desirable.
The Successful Candidate will be committed to :
- Achieving the best at all times for our students
- A collaborative and caring school culture.
- The distinctive values of the Academy.
- The safety and wellbeing of our students.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake relevant safeguarding checks to join the staff team at this successful and improving school.
We welcome applications from exceptional professionals with the right blend of experience, resourcefulness, organisation and empathy.
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum Group is a growing and successful organization consisting of three renowned partner Schools. Due to oversubscription, there are plans to open two new Academies in Doha in the near future.
Ta’allum Group - Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, State of Qatar
Salary and benefits package:
• Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
• Two Bedroom fully furnished Apartment with paid utilities
• Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and one nominated dependent
• Private medical insurance for self and one nominated dependent
• Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
• End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, Counselling certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the equivalent or similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
To apply for this post please submit your completed TES application form which includes a supporting statement outlining your skills, experience and motivation for joining the Ta’allum Group team in Doha.
Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews by Skype
Please visit our websites – www.taalumgroup.com and http://aja.edu.qa/ to find out more about Al Jazeera Academy and the Ta’allum Group of schools.
You can also find us on social media portals such as Instagram @ taallumgroup or aja.qatar
Al Jazeera Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years