The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional, well-qualified and experienced Counsellor to join a successful and highly acclaimed school.
The School Counsellor will work closely with the Senior Leadership Teams, and Designated Safeguarding Leads, to provide counselling and support structures for students. She/he will report directly to the Headteacher. An ability to win the respect and confidence of all members of the school community is an essential aspect of the role, in addition to excellent and proven organisational and communication skills (written and verbal). The successful candidate will develop and maintain effective relationships with all members of the school community and outside agencies.
Candidates should also illustrate a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team, a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- is a graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or Counselling or Education;
- preferably holds a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Psychology (from an institution recognized by the CDA);
- is registered with BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) or registered with another recognised professional body;
- is able to access a clinical supervisor/mentor;
- has relevant experience of working in a school (3-18) and has at least three years experience post qualification;
- has worked across all age groups in a variety of settings;
- is experienced in pro-actively leading initiatives which ensure students’ well-being and mental health; g
- is able to demonstrate an understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people;
- can work as part of a high performing team;
- is empathetic, positive and resilient;
- is able to offer professional development to staff and lead parent workshops;
- can apply effective coaching skills;
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- is able to work under pressure and manage own caseload.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the BSKL application form or the link below.
The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 13th March 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The Nord Anglia Education and all NAE schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775