School Counsellor (Part time)
Are you passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives?
We are recruiting for an experienced trained counsellor to join our inspirational and highly successful school community. We are developing a Well-being Hub for students, and as part of that team we need a part-time counsellor with the appropriate qualification for 10 hours a week.
You will be:
· Able to work on a range of issues including bereavement and loss, eating disorders, self-harm, depression, anger-management and anxiety
· An experienced counsellor of young people aged 11 – 16
· A team player, able to provide a confidential counselling service, liaising with other agencies and staff as necessary
· Post graduate diploma or Masters level in Counselling or Psychotherapy
· Qualified with BACP accreditation, UKCP registration or BPC
· Salary scale 5 pt 22 - 25 £20,661 - £22,658 pro rata actual salary is £4,632 - £5,080 for 10 hours a week, term time only. Hours can be flexible, to be agreed at interview.
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives. However, we have a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation as part of our Academy Trust – CMAT and as a Teaching School - CTSN.
There are many more reasons to join us, please view the professional development and staff services attachment to get a full idea on what makes Swavesey Village College such a special place to work.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Dee Wallace email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please contact Dee Wallace. The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 16 October 2017
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.