Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, the Harrow family in Asia has a similar ethos and comparable high standards.
Set on a spacious, garden site in one of the world’s most diverse and vibrant cities, we are Harrow’s original school in Asia and are thriving, with a roll of 1,600 (20% of the Upper School are boarders), progressive approaches to teaching, a strong commitment to community service and outstanding academic results.
We are seeking high performing teachers for posts commencing in August 2020. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements:
· Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level in counselling or a related field
· Further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people
· An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
· An awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
· Knowledge of local mental health and child protection services
· Knowledge of the Children’s Act and legislation pertaining to children
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Positive communication and listening skills
· Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
· A mature and non-judgemental outlook
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
How to apply
· Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Thursday, 2nd January 2020 at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Leadership for a better world
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok email@example.com