Reports to: Chairman of the School Board
Job ref: HR-R-007
Location: Ajman - United Arab Emirates
Ajman Academy (AJAC) is seeking to appoint an exceptional, motivated, inspirational school Director to lead the school through the next phase of its development. The Director will work closely with the school board to guide and lead the strategic direction of the school to ensure that Ajman Academy is an outstanding school in the region.
About the school
AJAC, founded in 2012, is a leading independent day school operating in the United Arab Emirates. AJAC has developed a Mission Statement and core values that commits the school and community to the search for academic excellence.
As an IB World School, AJAC is accredited to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) from Pre-KG through to Grade 5. As a candidate school for the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP), AJAC currently teach the National Curriculum of England across all grade levels. AJAC is an approved centre for IGCSE, AS and A2 examinations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The School Director will:
- Lead the School towards achieving its mission, vision and core values.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and strategies pertinent to the academic, personnel and finance areas
- Lead and manage staff and students to ensure that the school’s organisation, premises, resources and curriculum enable everyone to achieve the highest standards;
- Lead and direct all members of staff and students, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through the management structure as identified in the school’s Organisation Chart;
- Develop effective partnerships with the broader community, key stakeholders and Ministry of Education;
- Be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of all aspects of the school, including financial and human resources, pupil behaviour and discipline, educational and support services, and marketing and communications;
- Ensure that all interested parties are enabled to contribute effectively to the progress and development of the school;
- Ensure that Arabic language and the Emirati culture are effectively promoted as part of the school culture and curriculum
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful applicant will have proven International Baccalaureate leadership experience in a well-recognised dynamic international school. In addition, the applicant must have a Master's degree relative to Education or Educational Management and have experience in, or be familiar with, the Middle East and/or Arab culture.
Personal attributes and characteristics:
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate a high level of ethical and professional standards.
- A distinguished classroom practitioner with an in-depth understanding of curriculum design and implementation;
- Committed to the provision of excellent pastoral care;
- A leader of learning and teaching with knowledge and understanding of the PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes and up-to-date experience of current initiatives;
- passionate about learning and teaching and committed to motivating and inspiring;
- A skilled communicator capable of engaging fully with all parties in the school community;
- Internationally-minded and open to new experiences;
- Adept at leading the integration of mobile learning into day-to-day teaching.
- A competitive salary;
- Furnished accommodation;
- Family medical insurance;
- Annual flights;
- End of service gratuity
- Relocation assistance
Interested candidates can send their c.v to email@example.com using Job ref: HR-R-007. You can also click on the link to learn more about AJAC: http://www.ajmanacademy.com/page.