Hours: 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (37 hours)
Weeks: Term time (38 weeks) plus 5 weeks (43 weeks) 0.93
Actual salary: £29,725 - £32,025 (includes holiday entitlement)
Ridgeway Academy is a member of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT), together with Sandringham and Verulam schools. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. The AAT motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. This is an exciting time to join the school as it takes the next step in its journey to becoming good and then outstanding.
The School Finance Manager is responsible for organising and managing the school’s finances and ensuring that the school’s budget is prepared and managed effectively to support school improvement.
We can offer you:
- A collaborative environment working with experienced Finance Teams across the Trust
- A supportive team with a passion for continuous improvement
- A commitment to professional development
We are looking for someone who:
- Has appropriate financial qualifications and significant hands on financial experience with knowledge of accounting procedures within a school or environment with similar financial constraints
- Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Has ICT skills to implement and operate systems for budget control and finance software including spreadsheets and databases
- Is efficient and meticulous in organisation with the ability to maintain confidentiality
If you would like to join us on our journey and have access to amazing career prospects through the trust, we would love to hear from you.
We are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
An application form is available on our website, www.ridgeway.herts.sch.uk. Applications must include a cover letter, no more than two sides of A4. If you have any queries, please contact the Headteacher’s PA on extension 303.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Closing date: 10.00am Thursday 5 December 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 10 December 2019
We are an inclusive comprehensive Academy totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service,satisfactory references and medical clearance.
'Everybody can achieve'
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com