PURPOSE OF POST
To lead the delivery of the national School Games Programme within the Partnership, coordinating staff and a programme of events to increase participation in sports leadership, competition and school sport for pupils aged 5-18.
1. To increase participation in competitive school sport, including
A. Enhance the delivery of Level 1 (intra school) competition
B. Coordinate the delivery of Level 2 (Inter school at partnership level) competition.
C. Provide support young people as they progress into Level 3 competition (county/regional events)
2. To enhance the provision of leadership training and opportunities
A. Coordinate and deliver Young Leader/Junior Games Maker scheme across all Key Stage 2 schools.
B. Coordinate the delivery of Key Stage 3-5 leadership training.
C. Identify and signpost leadership opportunities.
3. To be the advocate for the Partnership with Key Stake holders
4. Maintain the Partnership structure to ensure long term sustainability
5. Monitoring and Evaluation
6. School Sport Apprentice Scheme
7. Coordinate the delivery of the Partnership Professional Development Programme