We are seeking to appoint a School Improvement Partner
Based at Bordesley Green Primary School Birmingham
We represent a like-minded group of schools providing education for pupils from EYFS to KS4. Kingfisher schools work within a spirit of partnership whilst allowing each one to maintain its own identity and ethos.
The joint aims of the Kingfisher Collaboration as stated in our agreement are to:
- Work collaboratively and strategically to secure a high quality education for all young people in the Participating Schools;
- Promote accountability and responsibility within an ethos of support and challenge;
- Lead every member of the community to engage on a journey of continuous improvement building upon their previous best;
- Provide opportunities for economies of scale through commissioning of services and purchasing of resources;
- Share expertise, best practice and resources to ensure best value for money
- Identify needs and best practice through the confidential sharing of data and information.
The Improvement Partner will play a large part in helping the Headteachers to achieve the aims listed above. In particular, the role of the Improvement Partner will be to:
- Identify common school improvement priorities and signpost to best practice
- Provide a written report to each school’s governing body and to the joint governors committee (JGC)
- Meet termly with the Head of each school with a set agenda appropriate to each school
- Contribute to the annual JGC action plan for the Collaboration
- Collate and analyse collaboration data (national outcomes) each Autumn Term and present to the JGC through a written repor
- Lead on Headteacher Performance Management in each school
In addition to the above core requirement, schools within the collaboration may request additional days for school improvement support which would be agreed separately with those Headteachers.
The School Improvement Partner will need to have a strong current knowledge and understanding of local as well as national educational priorities and be able to challenge and support each school effectively.
Closing date: 5pm 23 May 2018
For further details and to request the tender documentation please contact:
Mrs Lisa Knowles, PA to the Headteacher at Blakesley Hall Primary School
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. An enhanced criminal record bureaus disclosure together with other safeguarding checks will be required for this post as per our safer recruitment Policy and Procedures