The School Leadership Programme Lead will be a driving force around the development of our approach to supporting Teach First Ambassadors (alumni) to secure, and flourish in, Senior Leadership and Headship positions in the schools that need them the most. They will lead the development of programme and strategy for growing the impact of this area of work, setting out a clear plan for the next 5 years.
They will work closely with our Strategy, Research and Leadership teams, to position this within Teach First’s broader role in the school leadership space - a critical and growing strategic area for Teach First.
In addition, this role will work with the curriculum design team and other experts to create quality tools, advice and support frameworks that will be used to engage with Ambassadors as they progress into senior leadership and as they become more established in these roles. This will include facilitating greater strategic collaboration across our Ambassador school leaders and Headteacher networks, ensuring we have an impactful and structured package of support for this group.
What you do At this level you will:
- Drive the strategy, innovation and implementation to support more ambassadors (alumni) into more senior roles in schools
- Be a key part of the management team within the Ambassador department
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading on the development of our strategy and plans to support more of our Ambassadors to move into Senior Leadership and Headship positions, and to be effective in these roles – ensuring this is a coherent journey from classroom teacher to school leader.
- Leading on development of our programmes for ambassadors in this space, working with our curriculum design team and partners to develop tools, and programmes, that will support Ambassadors to progress into Senior Leadership roles in schools and increase their effectiveness. Oversee the implementation of these programmes and ensure they are continuously improved.
- Support the Ambassador Senior Leaders and Headteacher networks, ensuring this is a strategic network where Ambassadors can work cohesively, drawing on each other’s experience and support to accelerate individual and collective school progress.
- Develop our support package for existing Ambassador Headteachers to ensure they flourish and provide direct support for this growing group as needed.
- The critical responsibilities of this role are described above. They may be subject to reasonable changes from time to time in line with business need.
Your're good at
- Knowing the market - significant experience as an effective Headteacher in a UK school and experience of the process of recruiting Senior Leaders/ Headteachers
- Setting strategy and vision - strong strategy development experience, experience setting long term programme strategy
- Programme design and management - experience in designing and running professional development programmes for leaders in schools
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills and an ability to quickly build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Coaching and development - Experience as a mentor
All our employees are expected to model our values and help others to do so.
Benefits Teach First’s core benefits include 27 days holiday per annum (3 of which must be taken during the one week holiday shutdown period between Christmas Day and New Year's Day), participation in the pension scheme via Salary Exchange (with an employer contribution of up to 6%), life assurance, income protection and private healthcare. Through our flexible benefits platform access to childcare vouchers, interest free travel season ticket loan, subsidised dental membership, health screening, discounted gym membership, travel insurance, GAYE and the option to buy/sell annual leave.
How to apply
To apply for a vacancy at Teach First you are required to complete an online application form. Please have your CV and covering letter ready to upload. If you are an internal candidate please apply via your HR Self Service menu.
We aim to provide feedback to all applications within 10 working days from the closing date. Please note that the first round interviews are likely to take place on 5th July 2017.