London Enterprise Academy
School Librarian (maternity cover 1st September 2019 to 31st July 2020)
Salary Scale: £22500 (Pro-rata 43 weeks a year)
Closing date: 15th July 2019
Interviews: w/c 15th July 2019
Start Date: 1st September 2019
To be responsible for the provision of an efficient and effective library service of the school and to develop the Library as an effective resource, and take responsibility for the oversight of information services in the school
Overall purpose of this post:
Develop and manage the operation, systems and procedures of the school library, in accordance with agreed policies/plans
1. To develop the library as an effective resource, an inspiring learning base.
2. Manage the school library budget in accordance with the library policy and development plan.
3. Prepare and present reports (financial, usage) as may be required by the Principal, SLT and/or governing body.
4. Management of other staff and volunteers working in the library.
5. Manage pupil conduct in the library in accordance with appropriate school policies.
6. Manage and control stock, including researching resource availability, cost etc. making purchases, processing orders, recording receipts and losses etc.
7. In liaison with teaching staff arrange availability of resources relevant to the curriculum
8. Facilitate maximum possible use of the library as a teaching space.
9. Develop, maintain and use links with external library services, suppliers, retailers etc. to enhance and develop schools’ resources.
10. Promote library resource to staff and pupils through organisation of book weeks/visits/newsletters etc.
11. Arrange and implement Year 7 induction to use of the library.
12. Supervise students in the library at break and lunchtimes (supervise and guide groups of students at other times as appropriate).
13. Issue library books and maintain computerised/manual library records.
14. Implement procedures for recovery of overdue and/or non-returned books.
15. Catalogue and prepare new books.
16. Repair damaged books and other resources as appropriate.
17. Collect and record money e.g. for lost books, photocopying.
18. Responsibility for maintaining tidy and accessible resource centre including production and arrangement of relevant displays, notices etc.
19. Provide advice and assistance to pupils and staff in the procedures, systems and use of the school library.
20. Advise on copyright issues and comply with Data Protection legislation.
21. Oversight of computers in dedicated computer area.
Potential candidates are encouraged to visit our website www.londonenterpriseacademy.org for application packs or call Souzana Theo (Deputy Business Manager) with any questions on 02074260746 or email Souzana.Theo@londonenterpriseacademy.org and visits can be made to the school.