Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and compassionate School Medical Nurse to join an independent school in SW London. The school caters for students from 4 – 11 years of age and provides state of the art facilities. The successful School Medical Nurse will join the school in September 2017 on a 4 day a week contract.
About the Role
· School Medical Nurse
· Be responsible for undertaking medical processes and administration within the school
· Arrange visits with the Local Authority School Nurse
· Advising and communicating with staff and parents, collectively and individually, on
matters relating to medical advice
· 4 days per week – Monday to Thursday
· Permanent part-time position
· Competitive salary from £25 000 up to £35 000 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Independent day school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11
· Nurturing teaching and learning environment with a focus on achieving excellent results
· Outstanding facilities with new state of the art classrooms and playground
· Sport, design and technology (DT), music and art have a high status in the curriculum
· School is located in SW London with excellent transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the School Medical Nurse will need to meet the following criteria:
· Nursing qualifications required
· Have previous experience working in a UK-based school
· Possess excellent IT skills
· Have good knowledge of medical and administrative processes
· Have excellent communication skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SXR6750.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.