Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, 39 weeks per annum (term time only)
Required: Immediate (pending any necessary notice period)
John Smeaton Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
We are seeking to appoint a conscientious individual with a child centred approach for the position of School Medical Practitioner at John Smeaton Academy.
Main duties will include:
- To support the health and wellbeing of students so they can fully participate in learning.
- To respond to the day to day health and first aid needs of students.
- To support children with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health concerns.
- To administer medication as per the school policy.
- Performing necessary health checks to assist with diagnosis.
- To work collaboratively with the clinical psychologist, educational psychologist and counsellor for students with mental health problems.
- To work with the Designated Safeguarding Lead in the context of prioritising the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- Timely maintenance and updating of electronic student files and medical records.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you:
- RSCN, RN-child or RGN equivalent experience (i.e. A&E, School Nursing, Practice nursing).
- 2 years minimum experience post registration.
- Excellent communication and inter-personnel skills, especially with children.
- Self-awareness with the ability to be both confident and calm under pressure.
- The ability to relate well to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Good IT skills.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable students to achieve anything they set their minds to.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Academy making rapid, year on year progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Smeaton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1130901?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing date: Sunday 21 January 2018
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.