Term time plus two weeks (8am – 4.30pm with some flexibility required)
King Alfred School is looking for a qualified School Nurse who will be responsible for running the School’s Medical Room and providing students with first aid and support. The School Nurse will manage the First-Aider(s), and will be part of a wider pastoral and medical/first aid team whose aim is to promote the physical health and emotional well-being of the pupils. From meeting the physical needs of some pupils, administering first aid to others, and guiding those who need mental health support, the role is a varied but vital one in our School community.
The Medical Room is open from 8.30am to 4.15pm during the school day and is a welcoming space.
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date strategies, policies and protocols for medical care within the School.
- Ensuring that pupils and, where necessary, staff are provided with first aid care and mental health support.
- Advising and informing pupils and staff on medical issues and pupils/adolescent physical health and emotional wellbeing.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date medical records are maintained and are easily accessed by those that need them.
- Ensuring that relevant medical information or concerns are passed on quickly to staff, parents and local public health teams.
The post-holder should:
- Hold a recognised nursing qualification and several years relevant experience in a school, care home or other similar institution.
- Be willing to obtain Level 3 Child Protection training and any other training relevant to the school setting.
- Applicant must have experience and knowledge of working with type 1 diabetes and epilepsy including working with insulin pumps.
- Have experience of managing a small team.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to Dominique Frankel-Pollen, HR and Compliance Officer at email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 24 November 2019.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.