Permanent Part-time 12 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (during School term time)
About the School Nurse
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse with a commitment to holistic student wellbeing to join our Health Centre team on a permanent part-time basis. The School Nurse provides primary nursing and health care for students and staff, including first aid, emergency treatment and ongoing holistic health care for the School community. The School Nurse recognises that health is not merely the absence of illness, rather a commitment to provide meaningful health promotion and illness prevention. It is expected that the School Nurse will work closely with the School Psychologist and other Wellbeing staff in the provision of holistic health care that reflects the mental, emotional and physical needs of the student.
In this role, the School Nurse will be expected to work 12 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (during School term time), across 3 days.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver quality assessment, treatment and referral of ill and injured students in a timely fashion on presentation to the Health Centre and /or on School Grounds as necessary.
- Provide friendly, professional and efficient services to students, and staff, and where appropriate or required, contractors, volunteers and visitors to the School.
- Educate and manage students with serious and chronic illnesses.
- Support the liaison with School Psychologist and other Wellbeing staff regarding student mental health and well-being issues.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of a Westminster School Health Centre Policy and Procedure manual to ensure safe nursing practice within the facility (including a protocol for medical and other referrals).
- Manage the dispensing of medication to students, ensuring accurate accounting and stock records for all medical stores.
- Maintain well documented records on all students/staff who have sought a consultation in line with legislative requirements.
- Refer and comply with relevant legislation relating to school nursing practice and child and adolescent healthcare.
- Advocate for and protect the rights of children and young people.
Previous experience working as a School Nurse, Accident and Emergency and or Paediatric Nurse is advantageous. You will demonstrate as a positive, personable and professional practitioner, with experience in health promotion and education, preferably in an education setting working with adolescents and children. Registration with the Nurses Boarding of South Australia with a practicing certificate with at least 3 years, full time equivalent, post-registration experience is essential to this role.
A position description is available on our website under the Careers tab www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Ms Tania Sargent, Director of Corporate Services.
Applications close Monday 27 January
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.