Smart Teachers is recruiting for a School Nurse to join a co-educational secondary school in west London. Located in the London borough of Ealing, the secondary school is a mixed 11–18 academy educating more than 1,300 students. This School Nurse position is available from October 2018 on full-time contract, with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate. In order to be considered for the role, the nurse is required to have paediatric first aid level 3 qualification, or previous experience working as a welfare officer within a school.
About the Role
· School Nurse
· A Nursing and Midwifery Council approved degree required
· Knowledge of nutrition, diet plans and students’ well-being and mental health essential
· Full-time, 5 days a week
· Up to £41,000 depending on experience
About the School
- In September, the school joined the Ark family of schools, which have been amongst the best in the country for the past 10 years
- Looking to interview ASAP
- Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the successful School Nurse will need to meet the following criteria:
- A Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) approved degree
- Existing professional experience as a qualified nurse
- Current registration with the NMC
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) on the Update Service
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXK179393C.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.