Required for: Immediate Start
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7.30am-4pm , Term Time
Pay: Competitive salary
Condition of employment: 1 year contract
Gesher School is a unique all-through school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with special educational needs. This includes language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties. We have a specialism in autism spectrum challenges (ASC).
Young people are at the heart of Gesher School, where we foster a sense of belonging and community. Our school offers a happy, safe, friendly, and stimulating environment in which young people are supported to learn, interact and have fun. We believe that all young people have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, young person-centred approach to learning.
The Gesher approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. Emotional health and resilience, developing young people’s independence and learning, is at the core of our vision.
At Gesher we provide:
opportunities that enable young people to thrive as we want our children to be ambitious about achieving their full potential
a collaborative learning team around every young person to support each young person’s learning needs and maximise meaningful learning opportunities
a therapeutic team that works together with families to nurture and support young people’s emotional, social, and academic development
a partnership with families to improve the lives and life chances of young people with SEND by ensuring that they are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, and experience the wider community
Being part of our learning community, you will be able to use your creativity and shape the way our school provides excellent learning opportunities for our young people.
As a member of our team, you will:
Join an innovative learning community with ambitious practices. Not only do we want to have an impact on the young people in our school, we also want to help shape the future of special education nationally and internationally.
Join a committed community of staff and parents and wider supporters.
Be supported to become the best you can be. We believe in valuing all our staff and therefore take professional development very seriously. In return for their high level of commitment to enabling our young people to reach the best outcomes, we will provide our staff with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Areas within the role include:
- Undertake reception duties; answering telephone, face to face enquiries, liaising with relevant staff, outside agencies and parents, dealing with visitors etc.
- Ensure school security arrangements are always complied with, including the issue of visitor’s badges and signing of the visitor’s book.
- Accept and sign for deliveries as appropriate.
- Provide hospitality for visitors to the school.
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc., in keeping with the school’s policy and order first aid supplies as necessary.
- Administer medicine.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Where appropriate provide supervision for other staff carrying out routine administrative tasks
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
To apply your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This ad may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified.
Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Gesher is a unique Ofsted Outstanding independent primary school, that is looking to expand into an all-through school. It provides a specialist meaningful and functional learning environment for children with special educational needs. This in...