School Office Administrator
The Governors of Emmanuel Church of England Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated School Office Administrator to join our successful and supportive team.
The postholder will be the first point of contact with the school and will handle the flow of visitors and telephone enquiries as well as having responsibility for daily pupil registration.
Working closely with the Senior Admin Officer, School Business Manager and Headteacher, this role offers the opportunity to undertake an important and varied front of house role. Whilst previous work in an academic environment is desirable, applicants must have proven experience of high quality and accurate administrative work and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Other essential requirements are a courteous and welcoming manner, a flexible attitude and the ability to deal with situations calmly and professionally.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is able to support the Christian ethos of our school
• Has an exceptional level of customer care skills to pupils, parents, staff, governors and visitors
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Is an excellent administrator with the ability to handle conflicting and varied priorities
• Is able to work confidentially and with discretion
• Is friendly and articulate with a good sense of humour
• Is IT literate and who has had experience of using electronic recording systems and handling cash
The successful candidate should also have:
• GCSEs at Grade C and above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy customer service related role
• Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and the capability to acquire new skills as computer programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a member of a team and to have sensitivity and tact in dealing with a wide range of people
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively and deal with conflicting priorities
We can offer:
• A caring, welcoming school community based on core values of faith
• Enthusiastic, happy and talented children who love to learn
• Talented staff who are hardworking and have high expectations as well as being a friendly and mutually supportive team
• Strong commitment to continuing professional development
• A brand new state of the art purpose built site with excellent opportunities for indoor and outdoor learning.
Emmanuel CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and appropriate references will be required. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Closing Date for Applications: 9am, Tuesday 15 January 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 15 January 2019
Interviews: Friday 18 January 2019, a.m.
Please download the application form, Person Specification and Job Description which are available from the following link https://www.emmanuel.camden.sch.uk/our-team/vacancies/
from our school website.
A Personal Statement must be included as part of your application form. CV’s will not be accepted.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Vince Rodriguez, School Business Manager to arrange a visit on 020 7431 7984 or via email to email@example.com and submit any application to this email address.