LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Joseph's College Lochinvar is seeking a part-time (32 Hours) Temporary School Officer – Administration for Term 1 of the 2020 school year.
The Principal’s Assistant works with the College Principal, to deliver a broad range of services to support the College’s educational vision and mission. The Principal’s Assistant models Gospel and Josephite values through their actions and interactions with all members of the community, and actively contributes to the creation of a warm, welcoming, safe and harmonious workplace. The Principal’s Assistant demonstrates energy, commitment, integrity, loyalty and good humour; is calm under pressure, effective and gracious, even when dealing with difficult people and situations. Within that school context, the role of the Principal’s Assistant is able to provide highly effective professional, practical and administrative support to the Principal in their day-to-day responsibilities. This includes liaising with staff, students, parents, members of the public, schools and organizations in a sensitive and professional manner regarding their areas of concern/inquiries and referring these to the Principal or appropriate member of staff. The Principal’s Assistant performs a full range of secretarial and administrative support functions including, but not limited to:
• prompt, courteous and effective communication with a variety of people;
• ensuring the Principal’s calendar is kept up-to-date to include all important events on the College Calendar, whilst effectively allocating the Principal’s time;
• preparation and presentation of the Principal’s internal and external correspondence;
• maintenance of student and staff confidential records for the Principal as required;
• organizing meetings as required by the Principal including preparing agendas, taking and transcribing minutes, organizing catering, setting up and cleaning up before and after such meetings;
• coordinating in-house functions including preparing agendas, invitations, managing RSVPs, coordinating with Food Operations or external caterers;
• assisting the Principal to collate, prepare and submit the School’s Annual Report;
• preparing census data;
• receiving & checking enrolment applications, coordinating enrolment interviews and follow up communications;
• entering & maintaining student records as required;
• supporting the Principal in regard to the school’s recruitment of staff, including advertising, acknowledging applications, arranging interviews and collating documentation required by HR Business Partners;
• preparing communications on behalf of the Principal;
• promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the Principal.
• ability to effectively manage the workflow in the Principal’s Office in a proactive and efficient manner;
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and demonstrate professional discretion ;
• professional presentation and manner;
• capacity to critically analyze matters and communicate a response in an appropriate format;
• ability to conduct or prepare research that the Principal requires;
• ability to work unsupervised to meet strict deadlines and commitments with a high level attention to detail;
• high level of verbal and written literacy;
• ability to easily adapt to constant interruption from students, colleagues, visitors and telephone calls;
• capacity to learn quickly in a dynamic environment;
• ability to multi-task and set priorities and responsibilities with high attention to detail;
• advanced-level skills in Word for Windows and, at least an intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
• flexibility in regard to office hours when required, especially in support of College functions and events.
• Current Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC)
• Relevant secretarial and office administrative qualifications, preferably with experience in a similar role
• Experience working with various software applications required including an advanced understanding of Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Typing speed of 60 wpm is required.
• Willingness to comply with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category A – Accreditation to Work or willing to work towards this.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 11 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's College
New England Highway
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
A covering letter clearly addressing the criteria outlined above together with your Curriculum Vitae including the contact details of at least two referees who have been responsible for your supervision or management, as well as after hour contact numbers for referees should be submitted to the Principal
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00PM on the closing date.