Position: School Officer - Administration
Start date: Immediate Start Available
Classification: Term Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week
7.30am - 3.30 pm Monday to Friday
Salary: $27.74 - $28.91 per hour
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect
The role of School Officer – Administration works in collaboration with the other Administration staff to support the effective coordination of the school office. As an initial point of contact, it is integral, the School Officer - Administration presents a professional image and creates a welcoming, warm and positive impression whether via phone, email or in person.
The School Officer – Administration will be required to undertake a broad range of administrative tasks to support the school community and will offer diversity within the scope of work being undertaken.
Support the delivery of tasks associated with community participation and school functions:
- Assist with the organisation of college events
- Arrange catering for college events
- Assist in the production of event supplies and merchandise
- Monitor and update the college website.
Provide administration support that meets the day to day requirements of the school including:
- Co-ordinate dissemination of information to staff and students
- Production of documents – letters, registers, spreadsheets
- Assist in the production of internal and external documents
- Sort, prepare and file documents as required
- Assist with banking and receipting of items
Support the delivery of operational tasks associated with reception and administration including:
- Mail management and distribution
- Responding to incoming telephone and email enquires
- Dealing professionally with and directing enquiries of parents , visitors and contractors
- Data entry to support registers and record management
Provide support in parent/student reception and the Uniform Shop when required.
Assist with financial and banking duties as requested.
Any other duties as reasonable requested to support the functionality of Good Shepherd Catholic College.
Support collegiate learning and development by embracing new ideas and sharing experience and learning.
- Previous experience providing generalist administrative support
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability in providing accurate and informative assistance to staff, students and parents confidently.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines
- The ability to proactively seek opportunities to extend ones professional scope of practice and learning.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the college community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Motivated with a “can do’ attitude.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Tertiary qualification at certificate level or equivalent knowledge and experience relevant to the position
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville.
- Recent administration and/or reception experience in a school or other environment.
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description for further information about the position.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 26th February 2020 unless filled prior.