Position: School Officer - Administration
Commencing Date: As soon as possible
Classification: Term Time, Permanent
Hours: 25 hours a week
Salary Range: $29.86 - $31.13 per hour pending experience
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021 unless filled prior
St Joseph's Catholic School, Cloncurry offers a high quality curriculum and schooling experience for students from prep to year 9. The school was founded in October 1909, some months after Mother Mary MacKillop decided to send a community of her Sisters of St Joseph to the town. In the early years, schooling took place in the presbytery, in a shed and in the church until a school was opened in 1913. Today we still are influenced by the life and work of St Mary MacKillop and the Josephite Sisters as we endeavour to “Never see a need without doing something about it”.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Joseph's Catholic School, Cloncurry is seeking an experienced and dedicated School Officer - Administration. This role is a Term Time, Permanent position completing 25 hours a week.
The position of School Officer – Administration works in collaboration with the Principal to support the effective coordination of the school office. As an initial point of contact, it is integral that the School Officer - Administration presents a professional image and creates a welcoming, warm and positive impression whether via phone, email or in person.
The role holder will be required to undertake a broad range of administrative tasks to support the school community and will offer diversity within the scope of work being undertaken.
The School Officer - Administration will represent St Joseph's Catholic School in a professional, warm, friendly and efficient manner. Duties include:
- Support the delivery of tasks associated with community participation and school functions:
- Assist with the organisation of school events
- Arrange catering for school events
- Assist in the production of event supplies and merchandise
- Monitor and update the school website.
- Provide administrative support that meets the day to day requirements of the school including:
- Coordinate dissemination of information to staff and students
- Production of documents – letters, registers, spreadsheets
- Assist in the production of internal and external documents
- Sort, prepare and file documents as required
- Assist with banking and receipting of items
- Assist with the creation and management of timesheets for service and casual staff
- Tracking of staff absences
- Booking of accommodation for relief staff
- Support the delivery of operational tasks associated with reception and administration including:
- Mail management and distribution
- Responding to incoming telephone and email enquires
- Dealing professionally with and directing enquiries of parents, visitors and contractors
- Data entry to support registers and record management.
- Provide coordination to students and staff with first aid and sick bay:
- Liaise with parents and staff for sick or injured students
- Maintain and update student medical alert information, ensuring confidentiality
- Administer medication to students as per requirements in conjunction with protocol and process
- Distribution and maintenance of first aid kits
- Maintain student medical records and accident reporting
- Provide support in parent/student reception and the Uniform Shop when required
- Assist with financial and banking duties as requested
- Assist with the payments of supplier accounts
- Any other duties as reasonably requested to support the functionality of the school
- Support collegiate learning and development by embracing new ideas and sharing experience and learning.
- Previous experience providing generalist administrative support
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability in providing accurate and informative assistance to staff, students and parents confidently.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms including Google and Microsoft Office
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines
- The ability to proactively seek opportunities to extend ones professional scope of practice and learning
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment
- Motivated with a “can do" attitude
For more information, please refer to the Position Description.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Range: $29.86 - $31.13 per hour pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes and professional learning programs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of at least two professional referees
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 September 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education