MAITLAND All Saints College
Vacancy TypePermanent Part Time
All Saint's College Maitland is seeking a part time Food Technology Assistant to join the team for the 2020 school year.
• Specialist facilities at St Mary’s for construction, electro-technology, electronics, graphics, multimedia, hospitality, retail and business services, science and creative and performing arts.
• State of the art industrial kitchens and café facilities for Hospitality students!
• All Saints’ is a 7-12 Co-educational College across two campuses.
As the senior campus for All Saints' College, St Mary’s Campus in Maitland caters for Year 11 and 12 students only. This means that the key focus for students is learning in a senior-only environment, which is optimal for HSC preparation.
The Campus also provides a well-supported Vocational Education and Training program and works closely with TAFE to support students in their chosen endeavours.
• Willingness to support the ethos of the Catholic School;
• Current Industry Experience in food handling and preparation;
• Assist with out of school hours functions as required;
• Ability to set up for Hospitality, Technology Life Skills and Food Technology practical and demonstration lessons;
• Consultation with teachers and college executive to plan, order and purchase goods for practical classes and College meetings and functions;
• Ability to support the delivery of VET Hospitality including assistance at school-based catering events;
• Capacity to manage ordering of commodities from a variety of suppliers;
• Support the operation of Café Sabina through demonstrated knowledge of food handling and hygiene, and preparing espresso coffee;
• Provide in-class assistance to teachers;
• Liaise with Finance regarding invoice collation, purchase orders, reconciliation of Café takings, and record expenditure for Hospitality and Food Technology budgets;
• Maintain the cleanliness and working order of equipment, liaising with Maintenance staff and Executive regarding repairs and servicing of equipment;
• Experience in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote;
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to foster positive relationships with students and staff;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Ability to work to deadlines;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Food Safety Supervisor Certificate.
• First Aid qualification (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid);
• Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
CommencementStarts28 January 2020
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 18 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
ASC Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Mary's Campus
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Head of Campus – Marc Romano: email@example.com
Applications close: 3pm Monday 18th November 2019