We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated School Officer in Classroom Support to assist Years 7 – 12 classroom teachers. This is a part-time fixed-term contract with negotiable hours for 2021.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the College
• Support classroom teachers in creating a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centered, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and • Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the College.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• An ability to work with secondary students who have a variety of learning needs, both one-on-one and in groups
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• Relevant experience and qualifications e.g. Certificate III in Education Support, and
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
Please attach a cover letter addressing the above criteria and typical duties/skills as outlined in the Role Statement.
St Benedict’s College is a developing co-educational secondary college which opened in January 2013. In 2021 we will commence the year with in excess of 900 students.
The College provides a connection to secondary education for the students of co-located St Benedict’s Catholic Primary School, other local Catholic feeder schools, as well as students from a variety of other schools in the North Lakes-Mango Hill area and wider region.
We are master planned as a six stream Year 7 to Year 12 College. Our College is committed to providing high quality contemporary education in a Catholic Christian context, embracing the spirit of St Benedict. We support and encourage all students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens able to contribute fully to their community and the world in which they live.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing mid March 2021 or earlier by negotiation
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Term-time 2021
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 20 - 25 hours / wk negotiable - required to work Monday to Friday of each week.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 2 - $27.43 per hour plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Sharie Faloon
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3385 8888
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education