|Location||LOCHINVAR St Joseph's College|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||St Joseph's College, Lochinvar is seeking a permanent part time (35 hours/week) Laboratory Assistant to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021.
St Joseph’s College, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1883 is a co-educational secondary school providing a rich and diverse educational experience for 940 students from Years 7 to 12. The College aspires to be a place of learning where students, staff and families are valued and respected for their uniqueness. The community of St Joseph’s welcomes all who are ready to actively share the mission, vision, identity and life of the College.
Located in the stunning Hunter Valley, St Joseph’s has a blend of heritage and modern buildings which include a Chapel & Heritage Centre, new Administration and Resource Centre, a purpose-built hall and associated Café & Hospitality Centre, as well as recently refurbished Performance and Creative Arts spaces.
|Position Requirements||The Science Assistant is directly responsible to the Leader of Learning Science and works in collaboration with Science Teachers to ensure materials are prepared safely and in a timely manner for the delivery of the Science curriculum, and that resources and facilities are well maintained. The Science Laboratory Technician will be responsible for the ordering of equipment and may be involved directly with timetabled classes (including excursions when appropriate).|
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and a commitment to actively support the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Excellent written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a safe working environment;
• Capacity to maintain the school laboratories in a clean and workable order;
• Experience in preparation of laboratory solutions and handling, storage and disposal of chemicals in compliance with regulations;
• Sound knowledge of general scientific equipment and ability to maintain same;
• Ability to prepare, provide and store equipment and resources for practical work for science classes and ensuring equipment is cleaned and in good working order, organising repairs as necessary;
• Demonstrated capacity to organise, prioritise and multitask to meet various deadlines;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and be responsible and accountable for own work with the capacity and willingness to work in a team environment.
• Capacity to lead the management of the school wide MSDS register
• Tertiary Laboratory/Scientific qualifications or equivalent
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Current working with Children (WWC) clearance;
|Desirable Criteria||•Previous experience working in an Educational Institution|
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 18 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Patricia Hales (Trish.email@example.com)||4930 7291|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||•To apply:
•Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Principal – Patricia Hales: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current current and previous supervisor.
•*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
•Applications close: Monday 18th January 2021.
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle