MAYFIELD St Dominic's Centre
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
Part-time temporary Learning Support Officer Position to provide support in learning and behaviour management at St Dominic's Centre, Mayfield for 30 hours per week.
• Willing to support the mission of the Catholic School
• Highly developed technology skills and an ability to use technology for education support
• Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team
• Must have a cooperative nature and kind manner and be capable of supporting children with high support needs in their learning and independence
• Must have experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviours and be able to follow plans and procedures put in place for these students
• Preferred applicant may be required to work across all stages of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mod, Intellectual Disability and Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy at Catholic Education.
• Current Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
•Be appropriately qualified as a Learning Support Assistant with relevant experience catering for students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Intellectual Disability and Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
• Ability to support the implementation of individualized positive behaviour, which supports and responds to critical incidents using MAPA or PART Strategies.
• Qualifications in Special Education and experience teaching students with developmental disabilities.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 06 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Dominic's Centre
76 Havelock Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and statements addressing the criteria.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Please email applications to Principal as directed or applications will be received at the school up to 9am on the closing date.