MORISSET St John Vianney Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
To provide literacy and numeracy assistance and support for students with additional needs at St John Vianney Primary School, Morisset for 18.75 hours per week.
• must have a competent level of literacy and numeracy
• must have an interest in the process of learning to read and understanding numeracy
• must have a cooperative nature and a kind manner and be capable of supporting children in their learning
• must be willing to support the ethos of the Catholic School
• must be capable of working under supervision of the Learning Support Teacher and Classroom Teacher
• required to perform transfers; toileting and mobility support and to provide suctioning when required
• record Working With Children number on application.
• Medical training/background would be an advantage
• experience in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• experience working with children with oppositional behaviours
• experience in implementing behaviour plans
• understanding and implements non-violent crisis intervention strategies
• knowledge and understanding of Literacy intervention programs
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 24 January, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St John Vianney Primary School
PO Box 297
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your Curriculum Vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and should include contact details for referees.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received up until 3.00pm on the closing date.