BULAHDELAH St Joseph's Primary School
Vacancy TypePermanent Part Time
The School Officer - Library Assistant assists the Teacher Librarian and relevant school staff to implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning.
Within a contemporary school learning environment, the role of the School Officer - Library Assistant has two key dimensions:
• assisting with information and resource management
• organisational, administrative and clerical support within the school
Note: Where appropriate, the School Officer - Library Assistant may be required by the principal to undertake other duties in the school from time to time.
• applicants must have completed, or will complete (within four years of appointment) a Certificate III: Library and Information Services
• ability to accession and manage the circulation of resources
• computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn new applications
• have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012 and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category A – Accreditation to Work
Applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance and provide with application.
experience in ALICE OPAC system
• experience in the stocktake and weeding of a virtual and physical collection
• experience working in a school library environment
• an ability to demonstrate creative skills
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 06 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's Primary School
PO Box 2
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.