Salary Range: School Officer - Level 6, Step 5 - $42.08/hr
Position: School Officer - Percussion Tutor
Tenure: 7hrs/wk - Casual Basis
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Southern Cross Catholic College is a primary secondary co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. Our college motto "To Love, To Serve, To Shine" grows from our Christian values and lived through our commitment to inclusivity, community service and personal achievement as we walk in the footsteps of our Patron Saint, Mary Help of Christians. We aim to develop our students holistically in a school community that embraces the Catholic ethos, values each person and gives them a lasting sense of belonging.
We value effort and commitment and support and challenge our students to become their best selves. In doing so, we provide a school environment in which our students can grow holistically, and promote activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
Southern Cross Catholic College is seeking a Percussion Tutor for 7 hours per week to commence Term 1 of 2020. This will be assisting students from Grade 4 to Grade 12.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Experience in tuned and untuned percussion and drum kit (essential)
- Experience with ensemble direction (desirable)
- Experience in a school/educational setting interacting with students and staff is highly desirable
- Developed written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with staff, students and parents
- Highly motivated with a “can do’ attitude
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
How to apply
- Write a covering letter which outlines how your skills and experience makes you the best candidate for this role
- Current resume including referees
Applications close 4pm Friday 15th November 2019.