Position: School Officer - Administration Assistant/Enrolments Officer
Start date: 13th January 2020
Hours: 30 hours per week - Term Time
Pay Rate: $26.74 - $28.85 per hour (pending experience)
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Southern Cross Catholic College is a primary-secondary co-educational college that offers classes from Prep to Year 12. Our college motto "To Love, To Serve, To Shine" grows from our Christian values and lived through our commitment to inclusivity, community service and personal achievement as we walk in the footsteps of our Patron Saint, Mary Help of Christians. We aim to develop our students holistically in a school community that embraces the Catholic ethos, values each person and gives them a lasting sense of belonging.
We value effort and commitment and support and challenge our students to become their best selves. In doing so, we provide a school environment in which our students can grow holistically, and promote activities, processes and structures that enhance a love of life.
The primary purpose of the School Officer Administration – Student Support Services is to contribute to the provision of a quality educational service. The role provides efficient and high-quality administrative support to all members of the administration team and teaching cohort, to ensure efficient facilitation and support of all teaching and activities at Southern Cross Catholic College.
The duties of the School Officer Administration – Student Support Services may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Represent Southern Cross Catholic College reception as the first point of contact in a professional, warm, friendly and efficient manner
- Utilise and maintain office equipment including telephone switch, photocopier/fax, laminator, binding, guillotine and stock paper trays
- Organising of school promotional days as required
Provide reception duties that meets the day to day requirements of the school including:
- Production of documents – letters, registers, spreadsheets
- Assist in the production of internal and external documents
- Sort, prepare and file documents as required
- Maintain visitor book.
Support the delivery of operational tasks associated with reception including:
- Mail management incoming and outgoing and distribution
- Responding to incoming telephone and email enquires
- Ensuring timely distribution of school correspondence via email
- Dealing professionally with and directing enquiries of parents , visitors and contractors
- Data entry to support registers and record management.
Administrative tasks as required to support the functionality of Southern Cross Catholic College Campus:
- Enrolment processes
- Student departure processes
- Completing Student Data Transfer Note for interstate transferees
- Maintain the MAZE database for students and families
- Forwarding student portfolios and information to new schools as requested
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and functions.
Provide coordination to Student and staff first aid and sick bay:
- Liaison with parents and staff for sick or injured students
- Maintain and update student medical alert information
- Administer medication to students as per requirements
- Distribution and maintenance of first aid kits.
- Experience in the use of Google and Microsoft Office Suites at an advanced level
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace new ideas
- Ability to work with limited supervision and actively support a team environment
- Demonstrated capacity to organise and prioritise a range of tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Proven history of professional and confidential work ethic
- Proven ability in providing accurate and informative assistance to staff, students and parents confidently
- Ability to develop productive working relationships to promote effective outcomes
- Well-developed oral communication skills, especially in relation to staff, students and parents
- Good written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with staff, parents and visitors.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Confident, well-presented and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with staff, parents and visitors
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to learn and develop in a supported environment.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Current First Aid Certificate with proven ability and experience administering first aid
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
- Year 12 Certificate.
- Cert III or IV in Business Administration
- Recent administration and/or reception experience in a school or other environment.
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 6th Decemeber 2019.