DATES: Apply by 12pm, 28th September 2021
TITLE: School Receptionist
SALARY: Grade 3 £19,000-£19,375
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Office Lead/PA to Principal
TO COMMENCE: 1st November or as soon as possible
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent; 52 weeks 40 hours per week; 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Receptionist to join our School Office team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a genuine desire to work in a busy environment within a small yet friendly and hardworking team.
You will be the first line of contact for parents and visitors, calling into the school as well as main contact for staff and pupils during school hours. It is essential that you have a professional, courteous and respectful style of communication at all times.
In addition, you will assist with a variety of administrative tasks within the school office and support the staff team at school.
Background You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, a flagship of the DfE Free Schools programme.
The Trust has opened:-
• Nishkam Primary School Birmingham – September 2011
• Nishkam High School – September 2012
• Nishkam School West London – September 2013
• Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton – September 2014
Nishkam High School is a Sikh ethos, multi-faith school that nurtures pupils of all faiths and beliefs and those of no faith. The Nishkam ethos is to create a selfless mind-set, to go beyond ourselves to serve others, create supportive communities and to realise our true potential.
The core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children and nurturing a strong values-led approach to life.
We will offer you
• a friendly and welcoming team
• hardworking and dedicated colleagues
• enthusiastic and diligent children
• supportive parents, carers and community
• a committed and fully involved governing body
• a well-resourced learning environment
• opportunities for professional development
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
• You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/nhsb/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=127 or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
• Applications to be sent to email@example.com by midday on 28th September 2021
• Successful applicants will be contacted by 30th September 2021
• Interviews will be held week commencing 4th October 2021
Nishkam High School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Nishkam High School is a mixed, comprehensive, Sikh secondary school with sixth form and partnering nursery and primary schools, situated in north-west Birmingham. It is supported by The Nishkam School Trust, which also operates schools in West Londo...